The Great Wall of China has become the most recognizable symbolism of China. This monumental building consists of many walls and reinforced each other. It was originally conceived by Emperor Qin Shi Huang (259-210 BC) to protect the nomads from raids. The Chinese wall has become one of the grandest in the history of mankind.
Great Wall of China: interesting facts
- Here are the most interesting facts about the Great Wall of China:
- It is the longest wall in the world and the largest building of antiquity.
- Stunning scenery: from the Qinhuangdao beaches to the rocky mountains around Beijing.
- It is interesting fact. Why do loopholes of the Great Wall look towards China? In fact, the photo shows that they look both ways at once – that is, they were made with the expectation that you could defend yourself from both sides.
- The Great Wall of China consists of many sections:
- Huang Huangcheng
- Ji Yonguan
- Jin Shan Ling
You’d think that a few thousand years on Earth would have revealed all of the pyramids’ mysteries by now, but it seems they still have plenty of secrets to share. As recently as last fall, new chambers were discovered in the Great Pyramid. And like any ancient sites worth their sand and stone, they’ve inspired passionate debates—not to mention a few conspiracy theories—over the years, too. Below are a few more facts you might not have known about these formidable structures: